Monday, October 19, 2015

FEATURED WRITER OF THE WEEK: KARLA FLETCHER

It's

It's the smile on my face when I see you 
After being apart 
It's the way I laugh when you're around
How sad I get when you are gone
When all my tears fall to the ground 
It's the way my heart skips a beat 
It's how I feel every song within my feet 
It's like a first dance or a first kiss 
Everything is fast, everything is bliss 
Love is not for the sensitive or the weak 
It takes time 
More than just 1 week 
It's the way my eyes light up 
Every day 
It's peaceful like the first snowfall 
On a chilly winter day 
But like the seasons we change too 
fall becomes winter into spring 
Our love too shall blossom 
Like rose petals open to the sun 
Many adventures soon to come 
Many memories we shall make 
Many pictures we will take 
It's not easy 
Most of the time it's hard 
But it's all worthwhile 
It's the way you look at me 
At the end of the night 
It's the way you ask 
For a kiss goodnight 
It's all a compromise
It's give and take 
It's how we work together 
Even when we need a break 
Sometimes we argue, sometimes we fight 
But never go to bed angry at the end of the night 
Love is not easy, it's not for the weak 
Love is work love is time 
Love is having you 
Love is the way I feel about you 
Its the way we kiss it's the way we smile 
It's the way we plan 
It's what we are it's what we do 
Love is me 
Love is you


Karla Fletcher is a 24 year old poet who has been writing poetry since she was very young. She is currently writing on a children's book, as well as publishing a collection of her own poetry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment