Monday, October 12, 2015

EXCERPT FROM CALIFORNIA DREAMS, A NOVEL BY JEAN ZAHN



“Alice is here?” Angela asked. “She wants to see me?”   
“A sister’s love never dies,” Rory said. “Just like a brother’s love, Angela. There might be some bumpy roads, but all roads lead back to home. The bond can never be broken, no matter what.”
  “I want to see her.”
“Okay, I’ll go get her.” 
Paul and Rory left the room. Rory told Paul it would be best if Alice and Rory saw Angela together, and he agreed. Alice and Rory went in silently. 
When Angela saw Alice, she smiled. “Hi Alice,” she said. Alice bent down and hugged her. 
Once again, they each took a hand. They talked quietly for a short while. Alice left the room. 
“Angela, are you hungry?” Rory asked.
“No, I couldn’t possibly eat.”
  “Not even a turkey, bacon, and guacamole sandwich?” 
She smiled again. “You remember.”
“I’ll never forget,” Rory told her. “You were my first real love. You taught me how to love. I didn’t know how before you, Angela. Don’t you know how special you are?”
“I messed everything up, didn’t I?”
“We’re not going to worry about that now. Let’s worry about you getting better and getting you out of here. Paul is worried sick about you, and so is your father.”
“You know, Rory, I still love you.”
“Yeah, I know, and I still love you, too. But who I think you really love is Paul. I’m cool with it. I wasn’t at first, but I’m good now.” That was sort of a lie. Rory still wasn’t one hundred percent good with it, but his life had changed so much in such a short period, and Angela’s had stayed the same. Maybe this was how it was meant to be. 


To  read more, order California Dreams on Amazon today! Kindle and paperback copies available!

Order here! 

CALIFORNIA DREAMS BY JEAN ZAHN: 

Twin brothers Rory and Paul Brock have everything going for them. Handsome and popular with the girls, they are also blessed with family wealth. They are living on the wild side. Paul is the sensitive one and Rory, being the conceited one, lives for the moment. He meets his match when he meets Angela Star.

The Star family moves from California to the small town of Lakeside, where the Brocks live. Tom Star becomes a law partner with the twins' father, Steve Brock, at the Brock's law firm. The twins meet the Star sisters. Angela Star is seductive and bewitching. Rory has never loved a girl before in his life, but he finds himself head over heals for Angela. And Paul finds himself drawn to Alice Star.

When Rory is offered the chance of a lifetime, he decides to take adventures to New York City and California. He meets new friends his conservative family certainly would not approve of and builds a career he never dreamed of.

But how long will it all last? Angela bewitches both twins. Who does she end up with? Will she break their bond for life?


No comments:

Post a Comment